DVD + R/W or DVD + R

deneka 19:53 03 May 04

Could someone tell me if i can buy either r/w or just r discs for DVDs greater than 4.7GB (120 mins) long.

I have a film stored on my pc that i want to burn to disc, only it says i don't have enough space on my discs .

Is there anyway around this, whereby i can either buy a disc with bigger amount of space on it? Or can increase the space on these discs (similar to recording in LP), or anyway that i can edit the film to perhaps take off the end credits to see if it can fit on the disc's that i have?

TomJerry 20:13 03 May 04

Unless you get a dual layer burner and dual layer DVD which take 8.5gb. One problem, dual layer burner and dvd disc not on sale yet, you need to wait another a couple of months.

You could compress your video files (long play as you said) by reducing quality of the video files, "Nero Recode" which come with Ahead Nero can do this. There maybe free ones, but I am not sure if they are legal.

deneka 20:23 03 May 04

ok thank you. Was hoping there would be a quick solution, but obviously not . Thanks.

woodchip 20:26 03 May 04

You should be able to put it on two DVD's

deneka 20:28 03 May 04

oh please tell me how to.... According to the little bar at the bottom, it was only a tiny tiny bit over the limit, so i was thinking maybe i could just cut the end credits off..... Dont know if that is possible or not ???

But if not how do i put it on 2 discs?

Night Ryder 22:54 03 May 04

There is a software title which is not too expensive you could try. The title is "Cleaner".
I use this all the time to compress files (audio & video) to fit CD's and DVD's. You can create your own settings and convert the file to many different formats and specify data rate to fit the disk you are using.

Night Ryder 22:55 03 May 04

Sounds to that the small amount of compression you would need to get your video clip to fit a DVD would not greatly effect the quality.

woodchip 23:20 03 May 04

In NERO it allows you to split the file,look for advanced settings

deneka 19:17 04 May 04

I don't have Nero or anything, is there anyway i can download a free trial of any software that would do this for me, so i could just use it to do this particular film?

SEASHANTY 19:33 04 May 04

^

Hamish 19:38 04 May 04

click here | Try this free program. Also type DVD shrink into a search engine as there are other sites. dvd shrink works just fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…