is dvd rw knackered

i was using rw to write some dvds last night it was working fine then all of the sudden its stoped copying reads disc fine but then it starts burning just all goes wrong,

yellow light reading, orange light writing

normally this is fine when burning just ora light now i get both mixed to gether whist writeing it will carry on burning when i take disc out its like it just writ the leadin and out all the way thought the disc help please as i really need to know if its broken

please please help

johnnyrocker 00:30 02 Feb 05

operating system? burner? and as much useful information as you can post because what you have offered so far depends basically on the length of a piece of string.

johnny.

xp home nero 6.3.00 powerpack 256 ram amd athon xp2000 dvd shirnk, dvd x copy platauim not no what make rw just say dvd duel 8x anything eles

ACOLYTE 00:50 02 Feb 05

Have you got another cd drive in the pc besides the DVD/RW? if so try changing then around master/slave jumpers,also check in device manager
and click the + on IDE controller highlight the controller and select properties go to the secondry channel tab and see what the DVD transfer mode is set to.

yes there is anther drive in tower a cdrw

what am i looking for in secodary i think if im looking at what im surpose to in dma if avail

ohh by the way it writes cdr fine ive gone though 50 today

ACOLYTE 01:09 02 Feb 05

Mine set at Ultra DMA2 ultra 33 on both drives with the bios deciding the transfer mode.The best thing i think is take the cd/rw drive out and try it on its own,there may be a conflict.

ok ive got the bit about taking drive out but havent got a clue about the other stuff

ok been inside the dvd rw on slave with hd cdrw on master on seconary taken cdrw off completely and stuck dvd rw on master on secondary

works fine now no errors all day

was that the problem or just a fluke

if anyone know's please inlighten me

ACOLYTE 19:18 02 Feb 05

Now try putting the cd/rw drive back on the same ide cable as the dvd drive with it set as slave.Its not a good idea to have a cd and a hrd drive on the same IDE cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…