DVD RW drives and packet writing

RNH 00:07 07 Aug 03

I have a Sony Vaio (PCV RX 514) with a multi format Sony DVD RW (DW ?U12A). I want to use DVD RW to ?packet write? to CD-RW discs, however the computer does not appear to have any preloaded software to enable me to do this. The Windows XP CD Burning software does not support the UDF file format. The drag and drop component of Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 doesn?t seem to work on my system despite loading all the updates from the Roxio website.
I have contacted the Sony Vaio helpline who were particularly unhelpful.
I used to use ?Easy CD Creator 4? with ?Direct CD? on my old Windows 98 system burning to a CD-RW drive and had no problems with it, but I can?t use it on my new system because Roxio have replaced ?Direct CD? with ?Drag to Disc? and have not upgraded ?Easy CD Creator 4? for Windows XP.
Am I trying to do something with my DVD RW drive that it is not capable of doing, or is there some software/hardware problem that is stopping me? I have heard that multi format Sony DVD RWs are very unreliable and often fail to read discs. Will I have to install a CD RW drive in place of the standard CD drive supplied and if so will this conflict with the DVD RW drive which I need for digital video work?
Your comments would be most welcome.
RNH

The Sack 01:21 07 Aug 03

I use Nero 5.5 and InCD. InCD works brilliant with DVD+RW but i cant speak for DVD-RW as i dont use them.

Not much of an answer for you i suppose but at least you know what to use if you can get it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…