DVD RW Drives etc

meater 15:29 13 Dec 03

Can anybody give me advice on DVD Drives, I want to get a DVD RW drive which is compatible alround, which would be the best one or type to get. Also, would I have to get a normal CD ROM drive, or DVD Rom drive so you can copy from one to the other like you do with a CD ROM drive and a CD RW Drive?
I would appreciate any help in this matter, what do you think of the Sony DVD RW drive?

Meater

Rayuk 16:06 13 Dec 03

I have a Pioneer 106D and have had no problems writing to any R- media I have used[5 different brands]
Pioneer were one of the original manufacturers of DVDRW so they have the experience.

For a little more info you couldnt do better than visit
click here

hugh-265156 16:17 13 Dec 03

nearly all dvd writers will also write cds,play dvds and cds as far as im aware though maybe not burn a cdr as fast as a dedicated cd writer ie/ x52,most now burn at x32 to cdr which is speedy enough for most people.

dvd burn speeds are around x4 or some now are x8(not same measurement used in cd speeds)

one dvd writer should be all you need unless you want to copy discs on the fly.

look for one that supports all formats of dvd ie/ -R/+R/+RW/-RW/DVDROM some also support RAM although i dont think this is as popular.

check out some reviews click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…