dvd r/w drives

ger-284341 18:42 10 Aug 03

i'm in th eprocess of buying a notebook and have a fairly simple question i believe. does a dvd rw drive also have the capabilties to write in cd format. the drive in question is on a dell notebook and i'm unsure of any of its characteristics

mark500 19:55 10 Aug 03

Most Dvd writer drives also write cd's. Although they are generally slower than a dedicated CD R/W. About up to 16X last time I read a report on the pioneer drives.

ger-284341 19:59 10 Aug 03

many thanks mark500 i think that answers my question.would you recommend buying one in a system as opposed to going for a std dvd cdrw

mark500 22:03 10 Aug 03

It all depends on what you want to do. Make audio cd's backups etc and a cdrw is ok. But for films,home movies and some of the larger hard drive back ups a dvd writer is better. However most dvd/rw disks are still quite expensive to buy compared to a cd. I do however know a site that sells very cheap but good quality media.
click here

The Sack 22:53 10 Aug 03

click here for Liteons DVD+RW that writes CD-R at 40X and CD-RW at 24X, DVD+R is 4X and DVD+RW is also 4X

It costs £116 from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…