DVD+-RW driver cannot read some CDs, normal?

JerryJay 20:48 20 Jan 04

I found out that my DVD+-RW driver (Lite-on LDW-811S) cannot read some normal data CDs. Is this normally? On Win2K system, the driver cannot read some CDs when I install Sonic MyDvD which come with the drive. When I uninstall Sonic MyDVD, I can read CDs again. My machine also has WinXP Pro installed which has Roxio Easy CD/DVD 6.0 installed. Some CDs cannot be read. I have not removed Roxio CD/DVD yet. By the way, on Win2K, I installed Nero 6 produced some perfect DVDs. I think DVD+-RW driver conflicts with packet writting software such as directCD in Roxio. Before I send back the driver to repair, I would like to find out what really is the reason. Anyone has any experience or expert knowledge about this?

Mike ® 23:19 20 Jan 04

^

JerryJay 09:33 21 Jan 04

Any idea?

Jester2K 09:45 21 Jan 04

Probably all the DVD writing software conflicting, which would explain why it works OK when some software is removed.

Only use one software - Nero and EasyCD are known to cause problems when both are installed on the same PC.

JerryJay 10:55 21 Jan 04

On WinXP only EasyCD installed.

JerryJay 09:20 27 Jan 04

Found the problem now. The problem is caused by the program DLA (drive letter access, a packet writing program similar to InCD or DirectCD) which come with Sonic MyDVD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…