DVD RW drive fault

Hungledink 19:06 17 Jul 05

I am having problems with my drive. When a disk is in the drive I cannot see the disk details in windows explorer. Even if the disk has files on it.

I have tried, but cannot get the autoplay facility to work.

Checking the properties of the drive say that there is no problem with the drive. I could try an unistall but want to leave this as a last resort.

I am able to use the drive to burn disks and play dvds.

I have recently installed Nero Reloaded 6 which may be where the problem started from. I understand InCD comes with this which does cause problems i believe.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

De Marcus 19:16 17 Jul 05

Have you tried the autoplay repair wizard ? click here

Bapou 19:31 17 Jul 05

You may have a point about InCD, this caused me problems a long time ago. Since then chose not to include InCd in the install when upgrading to Nero Reloaded.

A multisession suffices for adding files to a CDR.

Hungledink 19:43 17 Jul 05

I have tried the autoplay repair feature. The autoplay facility is now working.

I put a cd in which I know has mp3's on but the autoplay facility detected it as being blank!!

I think it could be the CD I have been using, or it may be that I used Windows Explorer to burn the disk.

Will try a different brand of disk and see if the fault continues.

Incidentally, would you recommend I disable InCD?

Thanks for you help chaps

jack 20:03 17 Jul 05

CD-RW are deemed to be somewhat flaky in the host machine and all sorts of prpblems if ported to another machine. Best left alone is my thought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…