dvd rw disc saying "bad disc"

PC_HelpMe 19:22 16 Sep 08

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section - I didn't know where else to put it.

Just a quick question. If you have recorded on to a dvd rw (on a dvd recorder), but then someone tries to finalise it on a computer, when the disc goes back into the dvd recorder, a message comes up saying it is a "bad disc". You cannot then erase it or re-format it on the recorder as it just gives the error message "bad disc". It then doesn't seem to erase properly if done on a computer. Is the disc knackered?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:28 16 Sep 08

Yes you can only finalise properly on he dive you recorded it on.

As its a RW disc you can just Format it on the PC and start again

PC_HelpMe 21:10 16 Sep 08

Thanks for your response Fruit Bat - you have helped me numerous times before with various problems.

I use Nero 8 - I gather that by "Formatting" the disc on the pc - I just need to select to erase the disc?

PC_HelpMe 22:05 17 Sep 08

Just to let you know that I've tried formatting the disc numerous times on the pc but it just keeps coming up with "unable to format disc". It gets almost to the end but then does not work. It is the same when I try to format it on the actual dvd recorder - it gets to almost the end, but then says "bad disc".

Is the disc therefore now caput?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:16 17 Sep 08

It certainly sounds like it.

Totally-braindead 22:21 17 Sep 08

My suggestion is try the same thing with another disk and see what it does. If the new disk is ok then its almost certainly the disk thats at fault.

Incidently I never use RW disks as I found that they would go faulty for no reason that I could see, they are just not stable enough in my opinion. If you really have to delete and erase stuff all the time them in my opinion you are better off with a pen drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…