dvd-rw & cd/rw

hmanramsey 08:25 30 Sep 06

Just changed my PC and cant get sound from the ce drive or video play back. The single drive is a combined dual layer dual format CD-RW and DVD-RW.
Do i need to buy another CD drive for CD playback and a dvd rom for video playback through my pc. The cd seems to read the disc but no sound comes from my existing monitor integrated speakers. When a dvd is played a message comes up saying there is no dvd decoder.

mouse 19:35 30 Sep 06

You changed your pc? do you mean you bought a new dvd drive?

If you did there's a wire that goes from the back of the dvd drive to the motherboard (or vica versa)this provides the sound from the dvd writer to your speakers.

If you can get sound from, say internet radio or any where else (which shows your pc has no sound driver problems) I would imagine that to be the soultion to your problem.

BRYNIT 20:06 30 Sep 06

If you are using windows XP go to Control panel/system/hardware/device manager click on DVD drive properties and check that Enable Digital CD audio for this CD-rom devices is ticked and that the volume slide is on full.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…