dvd-rw -/+ ?

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 18:07 17 Apr 05

I have a dvd recorder from liteon the LVW5005 it says that it copy`s to dvdrw -/+ dvd-r dvd+r and vcd ont cd-r, but it does not say ay what speed i.e x?I have purchased some x8 dvd-r which work ok and I have tryed DVD+RW at x1-4 speed but it will not recognise the DVD-RW at x 1-2 speed although it says it supports the DVD-RW format. I find it strange that it will write to disc at x8 speed nad not the DVD-RW at x1-2 speed any one got on of these machines and what disc`s are best .

Pooke100 18:43 17 Apr 05

what computer are you using? XP and so on??

And most importantly what are you using to burn the cds??

You have to format DVD-RW first.

DVD+RW formats as you go.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 21:23 17 Apr 05

the liteon 5005 is a stand alone recorder just want to know if anyone has one and what disc`s are best

I know that it is a standalone. you still have to format DVD-RW first in the recorder.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 01:59 18 Apr 05

how I connot see how to do that please tell me how to do it

Without a manual I cant.

But I know you must do a pre format on the minus RW disks.

Joe R 18:00 18 Apr 05

click here

SurfMonkey _#:@}™,

this is a link to the dvd compatibility with drive.

Philwane 18:14 18 Apr 05

Usually you only need to format when you want to wipe a DVD+RW or DVD-RW and start with a clean disk you do this in Easy Guider.

I have only used pc line DVD+RWs on my machine but I dont know what speed they are

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 19:41 18 Apr 05

I have looked in the manuel back to front cant seem to find it anyware on how to format dvd-rw even had a look in the guide bit on the recorder only has playback, record, erase, finalize in there.the manual is here on pdf click here if you dont mind tacking a look.

Philwane 07:21 19 Apr 05

As I said before there is no need to Format

page 13 of the manual

"When you insert a new recordable DVD disk the DVD recorder will automatically start disk formatting"

page 26 of the manual

"For DVD+RW,DVD-RW,CD-RW you can reformat the disk if you want to create an empty disk"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…