DVD-RW

mike55 15:04 09 Mar 05

I am using Windows 98SE with a DVD RW Writer.
I am using DVD-RW to hold copies of Norton Ghost Image. When I tried to delete one of the images I was unable to do so, the message said something about "write protected". I though that using _RW disks I would be able to delete the contents and use them again. Is this the case?
Thanks

FelixTCat 15:21 09 Mar 05

That depends on how you wrote them. You can write to disks in broadly 2 ways: packet writing or disk at once. With packet writing, the disk acts like a large floppy disk - it has to be formatted, but then you can add and delete data as you like.

In disk at once, you collect the data you want and then write it all in one go using a cd writing program such as Nero. Once written, you cannot delete individual data items, but with a RW disk you can delete the lot and start again.

It sounds as though you used the latter.

Chezdez 15:34 09 Mar 05

yeah, sounds like you need to simply format the disc, losing all the data, sorry :S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…