dvd r/w

emmos 16:22 06 Nov 03

I have just fitted a sony dvd/rw/ cd/ r/w, it came from a big supplier but with no drivers, I can run cd's on it, but it will not run any dvd's , although xp recognises the drive it just sits there not doing anything , do I need some dvd driver to run it, and if so where do I get it from. cheers Dave

madPentium 16:59 06 Nov 03

When you say run dvds, do you mean play movies?
You need software to do this as XP doesnt have the software built in. It should have come with dvd play software. If not, I purchased a great plugin from microsoft called Xpackdvd and it turns media player into a dvd player amongst all its other functions.

alcudia 17:00 06 Nov 03

You would normally expect to get some sort of cut down oem edition of Roxio or Nero to enable you to burn CD's and DVD's. If this wasn't supplied you will probably have to buy one.

It's a bit tight though.

You will also need something to play video dvd's as well. I thought Media Player did this now.

It should read data dvd's if it will read cd's.

alcudia 17:00 06 Nov 03

Sorry, not as quick as you.

madPentium 17:11 06 Nov 03

Im actually very slow :)

bremner 17:11 06 Nov 03

It would appear you bought the OEM version which does not come with software. Hence it is much cheaper than the boxed version.

The drive does not need drivers as XP has all that is needed.

It wrong to say its a bit tight. If emmos had paid for the full boxed verion they would have got the software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…