DVD-Rom..Strange behaviour

gizzyx 18:12 29 Jan 05

having trouble with my DVD drive. when i insert a dvd movie disc, it does not autoplay. also in My Computer the icon when the drive is empty, is called "DVD Drive (D:)". however, when i insert a DVD disc, this changes to "CD Drive (D:)". there is also the message "Cannot read from Drive D:" or something to that effect. is it possibly the ide cable or is it likely to be something else? i've tried removing the drive in device manager and refreshing to sort out a possible driver error. it is a slave to my HDD as i have a DVD burner on the other ide channel. BTW, WIN XP PRO. thanx in advance for any advice.

VoG II 18:27 29 Jan 05

Autoplay Repair Wizard click here

gizzyx 18:37 29 Jan 05

followd your link, downloaded and run autofix, but still no good. any other ideas anyone?

JonnyTub 18:43 29 Jan 05

uninstall the ide channel the drive sits on i.e. primary or secondary as you did before from device manager, reboot and allow windows to reinstall.

gizzyx 19:52 29 Jan 05

thanx mate, will give this a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…