DVD-rom suitable for Sony Vaio laptop

newts 19:32 13 May 04

Have acquired Sony laptop PCG-F801 which only has CD-Rom. 6GB Harddrive,128 MB SDRam, AMD 533 cpu,now runs XP Pro. Sony sites etc do not give any info I can see & I want to install DVD-rom. Does anyone know what would be suitable. Has USB 1 but I would prefer internal drive so as to be portable.

Curio 18:24 14 May 04

I have a Sony PCG F709 laptop and the Dvd Drive died. It was replaced by Sony with a Toshiba.
They are available - Self install is possibly a no-no, but a good computer engineer could install one for you.

newts 19:07 14 May 04

Many thanks Curio. Toshiba? I will have to see what is available. Sony wanted my credit card and to charge £12 before they would talk by phone as my laptop is over 12 mths old. No back up at all. Thanks I thought someone might have the same.

Curio 19:58 14 May 04

click here
This firm deal with Sony. Have a look under repairs. A phone call to them may work wonders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…