dvd rom runs in pio mode

dazzling 15:26 24 Aug 04

i noticed the other day my mat*!@:a sr 8587 dvd rom has started running in pio mode im sure it alwats used to run in dma mode ive set windows xp pro to run in dma mode if available but its still running in pio mode.is there something wrong with it or should it run in pio mode.darren

JonnyTub 15:40 24 Aug 04

boot up in safe mode, uninstall the ide controller and dvd rom drive from device manager and reboot. Many different fixes for this, if this doesn't work i'm sure they will be more suggestions.

dazzling 15:56 24 Aug 04

tried that it didnt work.its funny it reads data cds fine but when it reads movies i get crackling on the sound i know its the drive cause it doesnt happen with my dvd writer and thats on the same ide channel as the slave.cheers darren

JonnyTub 16:00 24 Aug 04
  dazzling 16:25 24 Aug 04

thank you very much that worked a treat.have to say i thought id uninstalled the ide channel obviusly not.must of been errors reading a scratched dvd that did it.cheers darren

JonnyTub 16:27 24 Aug 04

Glad to be of service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…