DVD-ROM region query !

curlylad 22:25 09 Nov 05

When I look in device manager my ATAPI DVD DUAL 4XMax is set to region 2 , my ATAPI DVD-ROM 16XMax has 'none selected in the region box.I then scrolled to United Kingdom region 2 , it said are you sure you wish to select region 2 so I clicked OK (I am in the UK) , it then said "Unable to update region setting , please make sure the drive contains a region 2 media and you have administration privilege" Well I am the administrator so what is this all about and would it be the reason why I put blank DVD-R's into the drive and it says disc full ?

All help greatly appreciated !

Skyver 23:04 09 Nov 05

It depends on the drive - some are region locked, like DVD players. As to the latter, if you have Nero, run Infotool to check the drive question and see if your drive has the capability to read and/or write (to) the disc.
It seems you can get Nero Infotool here anyway
click here

curlylad 23:36 09 Nov 05

It can read and write to almost any format and most certainly to the blank DVD's that I was trying so why does it say they are full ?

Skyver 23:42 09 Nov 05

Are you using XP to write stuff to the DVD? Or at least, was that your intention?

curlylad 21:11 10 Nov 05

Windows XP Pro , I was trying to make a complete back up of my system using Acronis True Image 8.0 but when it got to the part that it was checking the media (the DVD) it said either disc full or disc damaged but usually disc full , they were new discs but just to be sure I purchased some more and I got the same message when I attempted to use these.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…