DVD Rom Reader - Having problems reading ?

spuds 13:25 27 Sep 03

Possibly a stupid question, but here goe's. On my computer, I have an LG CD-RW Recorder & DVD-Rom Reader [LG GCC-4120B]installed. It works fine on Cd copying with Roxio Easy CD.Never had any problems, and a good piece of kit.

I have never tried out the DVD side till yesterday, but the other day, I purchased a magazine with a cover DVD version disk. Trying it out, I find that I can download and browse the contents of the disks, excluding the 'free' movie parts of the disks. Nothing happens!.Cannot get into or see the movie contents.Went ahead and purchased a second DVD version from another computer magazine with different contents, so that I could check, to see if it was a faulty disk. Same thing as occurred.Okay to browse and download, but unable to view movie section.

Is my DVD Rom Reader designed, so that I can view the full contents of the disk, or is there something that I should know.Like I have to purchase a 'proper' DVD player, so that I can view the movies.

pepe 13:55 27 Sep 03

Do you have a DVD software Player installed, or set Windows media player to be the default DVD player. Start Media player, go to Tools/Options/File Types and check DVD movies option. Hope it works.

spuds 17:34 27 Sep 03

Thanks pepe for advice. My fault, due to not thinking.I have DVD power software, which wasn't tweaked into system.Silly me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…