DVD ROM Problem

starman316 17:48 22 Nov 03

When I insert some DVD's into my DVD ROM I get the error message when opening, A DEVICE ATTACHED TO THE SYSTEM IS NOT FUNCTIONING this happens when I insert pc advsors cd, seems to be fine on normal dvd movies, very strange, bought the magazine and i cant use disk :(

Diodorus Siculus 18:21 22 Nov 03

That sounds as if perhaps the autolauch program is not working - have you tried to explore the disk and see if you can read the DVD?

Diodorus Siculus 11:26 24 Nov 03

-----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

how can i repair the autolaunch program as sometimes when i double click on the D:/ dvdrom it says it cannot find the program to launch etc
thanks in advance

I don't really know - best to post in these forums and people will be able to chip in.

Tyrone 21:05 11 Dec 03

This dell pc running XP home O/S I am unable to play or run a DVD or CD I opened event viewer and was told that "dvd rom disappeared from the system without being prepared for it's removal"the event ID code is 12 and comes up on the plug and play manager any one with a similar problem or any ideas.?

TommyRed 21:21 11 Dec 03

I'd start your own thread as your more likely to get help. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…