dvd rom not working

Pepe_shogun 17:29 24 Nov 03

My dvd player wont play dvd's...it plays about 2 seconds of dvd then says it has to close down because of a problem.(it wont say what the problem is) I have no idea what stops it playn proper dvds...it plays eveything else on the drive.
Now when i try to launch the dvd player it says that it cannot find wnaspi32.dll I have windows xp pro, and willing to back date my computer if i was told how. This may return the computer to work properly.
Thank u very much if your able to help me out.
Pepe

Stuartli 17:45 24 Nov 03

First go to Help and Support and key in System File Checker.

System File Checker can be found at the bottom of the list. Following the instructions should fix the missing/corrupted file.

If not, go to My Computer>Properties>Hardware and then Device Manager. You can do a System Restore by picking a date when you had no problems.

Stuartli 17:52 24 Nov 03

Sorry, memory befuddled.

After Properties go to the System Restore tab etc.

Lozzy 18:01 24 Nov 03

Suggestion check that the DVDs your trying to play are zoned correctly with your DVD player.

woodchip 18:01 24 Nov 03

I would first try removing the drive in Device Manager and restart your computer to let windows reset it up

Lozzy 18:01 24 Nov 03

sorry should have added they should be on Zone 2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…