DVD-ROM malfunction + vertical white line

Victor J. 16:12 25 Feb 03

I have a Xerver notebook 700mhz, 125 MB RAM 10Gb HD. Windows ME. My problem is, that since introducing a Windows XP pro CD, solely to investigate necessary upgrades of onboard software, my DVD-ROM has stopped functioning (i.e. does not recognise any CDs, when introduced). Also, there is a vertical white line of about 2mm in width running through the centre of the screen (from top to bottom). Any ideas on how to solve these problems?

NB. I have no idea whether or not the white line is related to the DVD problem, as this occurred some two weeks later.

Britpac 02:00 26 Feb 03

it would appear that you may have inadvertantly corrupted the video driver of your machine.
you could try (if?) you have the drivers for your card to hand, reinstalling them by deleting the old ones in device manager, inserting the driver disk into your pc turning off you machine then on rebooting you machine installing your drivers as and when you are prompted to do so.
best of luck and let me know how you get on i will check here again in a couple of days

Victor J. 17:43 28 Feb 03

Thank you Britpack for your rapid response. The real problem I have now is; my DVD-ROM is the contraversial TORISAN, hence, no driver updates available from 1995. Where on earth did the current driver I have on board come from? It is dated August 2000! Also, no floppy supplied for this driver.

VoG™ 18:05 28 Feb 03

Have you tried looking at click here ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…