DVD-ROM and DVD RW DVR won't work on my MEDIONPC M

love2cats 23:36 19 May 08

When we put a CD-R in it shows a little disc with an hour glass on the desktop. When we click on the drive it says, "please insert disc" as if there is not one in there already. I really need to get these to work so I can back up files and save files on a disc. Could someone please help me?

Fried~Chips 23:56 19 May 08

please let us know which operating system

love2cats 00:40 20 May 08

My operating system is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version:5.1.2600 Service Pack:2.0 I have never installed/replaced a driver in my whole life.

love2cats 19:19 20 May 08

I have never installed/replaced a driver in my whole life. The top drive is DVD RW. It will not recognize or play any type of disc. The bottom drive is DVD ROM. It will play an audio CD. It played an old Family Values Tour CD .It will play a commercially recorded CD. It played or opened up a disc I had for a free 1175 hours AOL disc. It will not recognize a blank/empty CD-R.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:34 20 May 08

Start - Run - type dvmgmt.msc - press ok

you are now in device manager, scroll down to DVD/Cd drives and click the +

right click on the DVD rom drive select uninstall
right click on the DVD RW drive and select uninstall.

close down the PC and reboot it.

windows will find new hardware and reinstall the drivers for your DVD drives.

Retry a disk in the drives and see if they now work ok.

brundle 19:44 20 May 08

devmgmt.msc

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:54 20 May 08

well spotted

I must get some new glasses and possibly new typist fingers.

:0)

Stressed Mum 00:04 02 Oct 08

Hi there ! I am searching for help with the same problem - have just tried your uninstall as above but still have the problem. Get 'E' not accessible and 'D' insert disc. Any other suggestions? Please....

rdave13 00:19 02 Oct 08

Try system restore to before the problem. Won't hold my breath, though, as Sys. Res. not very reliable.

tullie 06:11 02 Oct 08

Suggestion yes,stick to your own thread and not hijack this one,gets very confusing.

Halmer 07:58 02 Oct 08

it may be that the drive is simply broken or worn out as was the case with mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced