DVD Rom DVD RW Drivers

RobCharles1981 15:24 04 Feb 06

Anyone know if I can get drivers for my:

Philips DVDR1640P
Sony DVD-ROM DDU1515

Cheers

chub_tor 15:46 04 Feb 06

If you are running win xp then you don't need drivers as windows will add its own from New Hardware found. You can find firmware updates for them via Google.

xania 15:49 04 Feb 06

click here and, although I can't find your model numberm so you may have this wrong
click here

Stuartli 16:02 04 Feb 06

As chub_tor points out, only the basic Windows CDROM driver is needed for all types of optical drives (it's not just XP but also earlier versions of Windows).

The driver is installed automatically when the drive has been added to the system and you boot up for the first time.

It's burning programs such as Nero that enable you to use the drive for its intended purpose.

Stuartli 16:04 04 Feb 06

If you wish to update the firmware (and it should only be done if absolutely necessary as a mistake can render a drive fit only for the refuse collectors), obtain them directly from the two manufacturers' websites.

pj123 16:36 04 Feb 06

As pointed out. Drivers are not required for the CD/DVD drives, but you do need software programs to be able to burn to CD/DVD.

Your Philips DVDR1640P appears to be a D/L drive so you would need something like Nero Burn version 6 (at least) to be able to burn to D/L blank discs. click here

Can't find any reference to your Sony DVD-ROM DDU1515

RobCharles1981 12:06 09 Feb 06

Have anyone else found firmware update for my Sony DVD Rom DDU1615 Please ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5