dvd rom cable query

Eargasm 22:10 26 Mar 04

Hi All
Been having probs with my dvd drive for the last week (pioneer dvd-rom 117) music cd's skipping tracks,dvd's not playing.
Tried allsorts from a previous post,however when looking in control panel/admin tools/event viewer/system, there were loads of errors all to do with cd rom,when viewing error messages it said "the driver detected a controller error on drive\cdrom0, when clicking link to microsoft support it says "this problem is typically caused by a failing cable between the drive and the computer",solution replace the cable.
Can anyone tell me where i can get a cable from,and what type,ie are they all standard.
Thanks Phil

Paranoid Android 22:29 26 Mar 04

A standard IDE cable should do the trick, preferably ATA100 (80 wires).

click here

click here

Marvin

arricarry 22:38 26 Mar 04

Hello - the only cable that connects devices to the Mboard is a ribbon cable, You need to have a look at the present setup to see if there are 2 devices on the cable and get a new one of the same type. You can now get round cables too that do the same job. Loads of places on line or go to a Computer store.

Eargasm 23:08 26 Mar 04

Thanks All
I will sort it in the morning (hopefully)

Eargasm 20:32 28 Mar 04

Hi All
Purchased a cable from local computer shop £2.50p the man in the shop was convinced it wasen't a cable problem and tried to sell me a new drive,replaced the cable today and now it works a treat.
Thanks for all your help Phil

Paranoid Android 21:51 28 Mar 04

? 2.50 is a very good price from a shop. Most would charge 5 times that amount.

Marvin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…