DVD Rippers

Noelg23 13:59 03 Nov 04

do these programs actually compress the size of the DVD whilst keeping the same quality? which programs can you recommend? I have DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter but none of these actually reduce the size of the DVD so I can have enough space on my hard drive to store more films and other stuff. yes I know we shouldnt copy off DVDs but I am only doing it for myself. so dont start with all the illegal stuff cos I aint copying for anyone. anyway you cant associate ripping with copying if all your doing is storing it on your hard drive can you? anyway people just please tell me the best programs to get that can convert DVDs to the likes of AVI and MPEG and reduce but not losing too much quality as I know it can be done! and dont tell me to go to the videohelp website cos it dont really tell me what I am asking for. but thanks in advance people. :)

yes I know I have put this in the Consumerwatch section but I know you get more responses here...

ACOLYTE 15:00 03 Nov 04

I just joined today so im not sure what the correct way to answer questions is but i have DVD decryter and you can select it to just rip the film not the other bits on the disc when decrypter rips it does it to a Rar file unless you select file mode then its a TS video file but i dont think you can shrink it further unless you put it on DVD and let the copy software do it for you.
Hope that helped a bit,Noelg23.

struggle8 15:27 03 Nov 04

dvd shrink work fine here shrinks whole dvd with good quality to burn onto a 4gb disc dont know where u are going wrong

Noelg23 15:34 03 Nov 04

its ok guys I have found a site that gives a nice step by step process on how to compress a DVD file and keep the quality...so thanks.

mackaycc 16:01 03 Nov 04

Hi Noel, any chance you could let us know which site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…