dvd Rewriters

Pau1JB 12:05 07 Nov 04

Hi, i am currently looking to buy a dvd rewriter and have been doing some research and i am torn between the plextor Px-712a and the nec ND-3500A. i know the plex is only 12x and doesnt supprt dual layer but i also know that plextor are meant to be good at making rewriters which last and also it has an 8 mb buffer which the nec only has a 2mb, will this make much difference espically when it comes to making dvdr without wasting disks?

any ideas, does any one know if the nec is a good well built drive that will last!

jakimo 14:40 07 Nov 04

I have always used Plexter cd\dvd drives mainly because of their renown reliability,I bought the PX-712a 6 months ago,and have never yet had a coaster...you say its only 12x,but where can you get 12x disc's ?,and surely reliability is more important than speed

SEASHANTY 15:35 07 Nov 04

The LG GSA-4160BA 16x Dual Layer. Multi-format
also supports DVD-RAM - and its only £50
click here

Pau1JB 16:42 07 Nov 04

i dont want to go for lg or any makes like lite-on. always thought bigger brands and japneeses brands have better build quality. um its a tough one. is ur plextor fast when writing mixed dvds. how long at full speed wud it take.

pj123 17:01 07 Nov 04

OK, if LG or LiteOn don't appeal to you then it is up to you to choose which one out of Plextor or NEC. Don't forget LG and Liteon are both major brands and I have two LG DVD burners in two of my computers at the moment and I have not had a problem with them. The other thing to remember is that most components are made by one company anyway and all they do is badge the unit to whoever is paying the money. For example most washing machines are made in Italy and badged according to who wants to sell it. Most 35mm film is made by Fuji but you might buy it another name.

So the company name on the unit you buy may not be what you think.

Pau1JB 17:19 07 Nov 04

I checked out who made what drive and stuff.

douglas1973 18:17 07 Nov 04

I have a Liteon DVD+R x16/DVD-R 8x Double Layer and find it excellent.

douglas1973 18:25 07 Nov 04

I am designing a sleeve for a DVD case in Publisher 2003 in which I have included a web address. Unfortunately the web address is automatically underlined and I am unable to temove the underline. How can I do it?

ricpat 18:29 07 Nov 04

Have NEC ND 3500 brill bit of kit also brought at the right price from novatech £63.00 including delivery they also had them in stock at the time.

But no software nero work's o/k with it easy to use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…