dvd rewriter will copy a dvd but wont play one

prestoni 14:29 10 Dec 05

I got a new pc from a computer fair with a combo dvd rewriter but hadn't realised how much you had to do to load all the drivers and ops systems etc. it is using on board graphics and I loaded all the software that came with it. I have succesfuly loaded family photos and burned to dvd with Nero6 and I have copied a dvd also. The problem is however the Dvd will noy play a Dvd to view on the monitor. I am a bit of a novice and wouldn't be suprised if it is my cock up. Any one got any clues please

PaulB2005 14:30 10 Dec 05

What does happen? Errors?

Have you installed the DVD playback software (Power DVD, WinDVD etc?)

john-232317 14:32 10 Dec 05

You will need software to play it. there is free software on the net, just tpye (free dvd software) into google or some search program.

john-232317 14:34 10 Dec 05

One here click here

wotbus@ 14:35 10 Dec 05

Perhaps you just don't have the right software installed to view the DVD. There are a few free ones around, try here click here

prestoni 14:37 10 Dec 05

I get media player to boot in auto but says it dosn't recognise the dvd try altering colours etc. It is possible I havn't installed dvd playback soft ware and dont recognise it on the disc supplied, i think I dowloaded power dvd and tried to no avail but will try again if required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…