DVD Rewriter drive not working after jamming

EddieA 16:31 29 Sep 06

I have a Gateway PC which has an internal drive identified by Windows as a TSST Corp CD/DVDW TS-H552B CD 48x.
The drive mechanism has always appeared quite flimsy whilst loading and ejecting CDs and DVDs.
Whilst loading a CD it slipped out of the recess and jammed on the upper edge of the tray.
I managed to carefully prise the drawer open and remove the Cd.
The following fault now occurs the drive tray loads very slowly the green light on the drive flickers showing it is trying to read the drive
Clicking on my computer and the letter of the drive nothing is showing for the CD or DVD in the drive.
On ejecting the CD the tray again moves out slowly then momentarily judders just before reaching its full extent.
Can anyone advise ? Is this a mechanical problem,
is it repairable or do I need a new drive!
Ed.

sil_ver 16:59 29 Sep 06

Sounds like a mechanical fault, New drives are cheap as chips now-a-days so I'd bin it

Hertz Van Rentyl 17:46 29 Sep 06

I think this has a good reviewclick here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…