DVD -Rewriter- Can't copy

missbutton 13:53 27 Apr 03

Have installed an AOPEN DVD+rw model no 2412 pro.
When compiling a new dvd, I keep being told there is not enough space on the disc. Have tried different types of writing media as well as re-writables and recordables. I am using the bundled software ( Nero ) that came with it. I have no problem burning cd's on this burner
Help ! Please

-pops- 14:13 27 Apr 03

First of all, have a go at updating the Nero click here It just may be that, even thought Nero was supplied with the writer, it doesn't support that writer. An update should cure this.

Are you using the recommended DVD blanks for that writer?

missbutton 16:43 28 Apr 03

Managed to make a compilation, Burning completed Successfully, after updating Nero. Only problem now ,can't read the discs in my machine ( Win Me ) or in my son's machine ( Win XP). Have used the writer to successfully copy cd's, so no problem there. Thanks for all the help so far!

Have tried different makes of disc,

woodchip 17:11 28 Apr 03

Have you loaded all the software that you got with the writer as DVD software is different NERO may be OK for writing but you need something on the lines of Power DVD to read DVD

missbutton 20:01 28 Apr 03

Yes, I have Power DvD loaded on the machine, will keep trying.
Any other ideas?
Thanks again

woodchip 20:04 28 Apr 03

Are you on XP or Win98

woodchip 20:23 28 Apr 03

PS if you are Win98 I have a update that will get you going

rickf 20:34 28 Apr 03

I have found that some discs need formating before they can be written to poperly. Try reformating one using Nero and then burn to that dics to see if its ok.

rickf 20:40 28 Apr 03

Just to be clear, by reformating I had in mind that you could use one of the discs which did not come out properly in Nero's INCD and format it, then burn. Hope it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…