DVD ReWriter

coolteentom 16:53 27 Jun 04

Hi,

I am looking to buy a DVD Writer. Will £100 buy a reasonably good drive (external)? I have found one at PC World (click here). Also, what is the +/- format about, and is it important?

Thanks
tom

Totally-braindead 17:38 27 Jun 04

Have a look at click here I'll post others if I get a chance to find them. The 2 formats are basically the same but DVD+ disks tend to be slightly more expensive and if you're making a dvd to play in a stand alone player you may find it will only play one of the formats, better to go for a drive that does both.

sicknote 17:46 27 Jun 04

There are two formats for dvd writing.
The +ve(positive) and the -ve(negative).
It is generally considered that the +ve format is better quality and has better compatability, though tends to be slightly more expensive than the -ve.
When purchasing discs it is essential that you know which type your machine takes as the +ve only works with +ve machines and vice versa.
Both the +r and the -r discs are one time only discs ideal for films, back up data, or for home movies.

Totally-braindead 17:49 27 Jun 04

Heres another click here

Totally-braindead 17:56 27 Jun 04

If you just want a plus one click here or look at click here

coolteentom 21:26 27 Jun 04

Thanks for all the info guys - I'll probably get the Amazon one at click here as it has both formats and seems to be quite good.

Cheers,

tom

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…