DVD Regions

mdshamilton 13:40 16 Apr 04

I have a variety of DVDs that I've bought over the past few years in the US, UK and Asia...

I was surprised to see that when I popped a DVD in my PC for my 4 yr old to watch "Piglet's Movie" the screen went green and gave me all sorts of warnings about changing the DVD's region and only being able to do that 5 times etc...it did exactly the same thing when I popped in a Tigger DVD sampler that the Sunday Times gave away.

Is there any software or patch that can make a PC's DVD player a "multi-region" player like the DVD player I have attached to my TV? What happens after 5 times of changing the region on the PC's DVD player? Does it self-destruct?

Thanks,

Mark

ensonricky 13:52 16 Apr 04
  darkjedimistress 14:13 16 Apr 04

Go into click here and put in your dvd player make, model number and the word multi-region. There are sites that list how to set the player up through the menus/settings to solve this problem. Hope this helps! Alternatively post the make/model of your DVD player here.

mdshamilton 13:04 23 Apr 04

ensonricky - looks like a nice piece of software..but USD 40 is a bit steep for me at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

johnnyrocker 13:21 23 Apr 04

click here

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…