dvd region free css

moorie 13:45 06 Oct 06

hi i suspect my 17yr old has downloaded something then uninstalled but im left with this annoying dvd region css free pop up type thing, not sure if pop up is right term though.every time i open wmp or similar type programmes dvd region css opens up first saying register or pay,i have to exit it twice then wmp opens,any ideas how to get rid of it.ive ran all spyware pogs on system ie a2,ewido,spy doctor but to no avail

De Marcus™ 13:47 06 Oct 06

add/remove programs

moorie 13:56 06 Oct 06

de marcus its not in the add/remove programmes as stated its been uninstalled but left somethiing behind,ive ran cc cleaner also

De Marcus™ 13:58 06 Oct 06

You didn't state you had tried add/remove programs, but that's not important.

Does the popup give any inclination as to the makers of the software?

De Marcus™ 14:00 06 Oct 06

Is it this one click here ??

moorie 14:03 06 Oct 06

yeah thats the one thanks,not sure wether its the same version the one on my pc 14.97dollars the copyright is fengtao software

Graham. 14:06 06 Oct 06

Try CCleaner, it also has an uninstall programs tool if cleaning the Registry doesn't shift it:
click here

De Marcus™ 14:09 06 Oct 06

It isn't spyware so far as I can tell so doesn't pose a problem in that respect.

I've just downloaded, installed and uninstalled without problem. Try downloading again from the link I gave earlier and uninstalling using the uninstaller which will be accessible from the start menu entry.

moorie 14:13 06 Oct 06

thanks graham and demacus for replies,ive ran cc cleaner graham and de marcus have you opened up wmp without the pop up just thought id check before redownloading.

Graham. 14:13 06 Oct 06

I was thinking of RegSeeker for the Registry:
click here

De Marcus™ 14:24 06 Oct 06

Yes wmp opened and closed fine, even with a dvd movie.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…