DVD regeion

antony.dandrea 09:31 01 Dec 08

If i burnt a dvd on a computer in the UK, with my own videos, if isent it to canada or another country with a different regeon, would they be able to play it.

Thnaks

Technotiger 09:37 01 Dec 08

Canada & USA use NTSC not PAL as in UK, if you can burn the DVD in NTSC fine, but have a look at this ...

click here

natdoor 09:41 01 Dec 08

Use of regions on commercial DVDs is to facilitate pricing strategies. I believe that any DVD that you burn will not contain a restrictive region code. I have certainly received and played DVDs made privately of weddings in Australia.

chub_tor 09:49 01 Dec 08

Only commercial entertainment DVDs have region coding so that is not a problem. However the different transmission standards of NTSC, PAL and SECAM can be. Most UK DVD players will play either but in the USA many will only play NTSC (althought that is changing). When you make your video most software packages will let you choose how to encode it, personally I always choose NTSC knowing that I can watch it in the UK and I can always send copies of it to friends and family in the USA and Canada.

djbenny 14:50 01 Dec 08

you can usually burn them as region free and then they play worldwide

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…