Dvd recording-judding

sicknote 10:32 28 Sep 03

Hi All
i'm using ulead dvd movie factory 2 with a sony dru500a,Everything works fine when i capture my video footage and recorded it to vcd or dvd,the problem is when i play the dvd version the picture judders on both home/pc dvd players,so i think the problem is somewhere in the recording of the disk as the vcd recorded disk works fine.
I'm running a pent 4 2.2 with 640 ram, 160gb,

Any ideas ???

Many Thanks

Pauper 11:24 28 Sep 03

It would seem there are a few people with problems relating to this particular drive, take a look at this thread and see if there are any suggestions which help click here.

If none of the advice helps you could try a different make of disc as some drives can be a little fickle over what they will write to. I have been using discs from here click here with a Sony DWU-10A and have had no problems (it's an almost identical drive), discs in use at the minute are DVD-R Ritek Orange and DVD+RW Datasafe.

Pauper 11:35 28 Sep 03

Just realised that the first link points to a thread regarding the 510a not the 500a, but the points made will still be valid. Take a look at the sony support page for your drive as there are software updates and a drive check facility available click here

MichelleC 11:35 28 Sep 03

Also ensure dma is enabled on hd's. It may be something to with with such large hd. It's best to have editing prog on main hd and data/editing on another hd to eliminate bugs/conflicts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…