dvd recording

cdm11 14:01 16 Jun 05

help ive just got a new tower (pb imedia 1604),it comes with DVD+RW drive, its got a recording tv card, is there a way of recording the programmes ive got stored on my pc on to DVD+RW's the only way i have found is by recoring them as data files as every time i open MY VIDEOs file and click "copy to cd" i get error messages. ive been thinking of buying NERO 6 to see if i can use that. any help would be appreciated. colin

djwheeler 14:04 16 Jun 05

You will probably need to purchase Nero or something because as far as I am aware the built in burning feature in XP does not write do DVD. Did you not get any burning sofwtare with the PC?

Jdoki 15:11 16 Jun 05

What format are the files? Do you just want to back the files up to DVD, or make them watchable like a movie?

Completealias 15:42 16 Jun 05

Cdburner XP Pro is freeware and supports writing to DVD's click here

I'm not sure thou if it would make a disc that could be played say in your DVD player thou and you'd probably be better to have nero for that.

click here for an OEM copy of nero with DVD support for under £9

john-232317 15:43 16 Jun 05

You will need to convert the files to mpeg2 to put onto DVD.

john-232317 15:46 16 Jun 05

25 threads on this subject click here

€dstowe 15:47 16 Jun 05

I've not had much success with Nero and DVD creation.

Much better to use dedicated DVD creation software.

Something that is very user friendly (ergo easy to use) is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…