DVD Recording

KG1 14:36 26 Nov 04

Could somebody advise on the + and - in DVD recording terms. What are their differences. Are they differing formats, if so what is the best to record in, etc. Anywhere I can read the differences would be a help,

thanks,
KG1

There's little to choose beteen the + and - standards right now. Technically they're very close to each other which is why it's proved economical for manufacturers to produce drives that support both formats.

I tend to choose which standard to use based purely on cost of the media right now. If you're putting films onto DVD then the other thing to consider is which standards your DVD player, or that of others you may share with, supports. Again most current DVD players support both anyway these days.

With new DVD technologies such as Blu-Ray and HD-DVD coming along offering 25-50GB or storage, I don't think we're going to have to worry too much about who may win the + and - war as they're both likely to be obsolete in a few years.

Read more here or just search for 'DVD formats explained' from a search engine for;

click here

click here

click here

SEASHANTY 14:59 26 Nov 04

DVD forum click here
Videohelp.com click here
Wikipedia DVD-RAM click here

pj123 15:03 26 Nov 04

This is worth a place in My Postings. Thank guys.

KG1 18:54 26 Nov 04

People,

thanks, have a good basic understanding. The NEC 3500A seems to cover the uses I am looking for, just general stuff,

all the best,
KG1

I've got the NEC ND-3500A myself and rate it highly. It's fast and has been error free so far.

oldbeefer2 16:41 27 Nov 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…