DVD Recorder and Virgin Cable TV Advice

subi 20:57 08 Oct 08

I am wishing to purchase a DVD recorder capable of recording from my Virgin Media Cable Set-up.
Is it possible to have a Recorder with a built-in hard drive to record on, then be able to record from this drive onto DVD Discs and/or record straight onto a DVD disc?
My wife has to work abroad a lot and the TV stations in the hotel are rubbish so we thought of being able to record her favourite programmes and watch them on a portable DVD player.It would also be handy when flights are delayed at the airport.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a Samsung LCD TV , so maybe I should to be thinking of purchasing Samsung?

MCE2K5 02:27 09 Oct 08

A bit of light reading click here

I've got 2 HDD/DVD Recorders, A Toshiba RD-XS32SB and a Panasonic DMR-EX75EB, Both of them do exactly what you want to do.

Record to HDD, Edit out the Ads, Then write to DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-RAM.

I also have a Samung LE26R7 LCD TV, It's connected to the Panasonic via Scart & HDMI cables to a Standard SKY Box.

subi 07:41 09 Oct 08

MCE2K5
Many thanks for this excellent information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…