DVD Recorder SET Up Problems

johnril 17:59 15 Nov 07

Can anyone help me....

I have recently bought a new Panasonic DVD Combi Recoder.........but when I play back what I have recorded it has a reduced picture size width wise ie two narrow black bands.......and some of my freeview chanels are only watchable in this way too?

Is this just a simple set up problem on my TV or DVD...............I have a HDMI Cable in the set up...

I would appreciate any feedback

postie24 18:06 15 Nov 07

Look in the set up for the recorder and set the screen ratio to 16.9 widescreen

Totally-braindead 18:08 15 Nov 07

I would check the setup for the recorder, it sounds to me as if its recording in a letterbox mode, you need to set it to record the same as your TV is such as 16:9 or Full screen or whatever.

You might be able to alter the playback on your TV, mine has a screen size switch so I can run through all the settings until I get the one I like as some of the settings make everyone look very wide.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…