DVD recorder problems

Grendel 18:37 11 Sep 05

This is actually not a PC problem but I'm hoping someone can help or direct me to a suitable forum. My Panasonic DMR-E55 DVD recorder (bought Jan this year) has started to play up in that writing to disc when stopping a recording sometimes causes the machine to go into the shutdown process instead. Disc error messages appear on screen and the disc cannot be read, so any earlier recordings on it are lost. At other times it records perfectly though. Things have just got worse however - on inserting a blank PC-line DVD-R disc (a brand which I've used before in the unit), the display read "UNSUPPORT" and the on-screen one gave an error. Now I can't eject the disc - pressing the eject button starts the shutdown process and it's a complete stalemate. Tried turning power off, disconnecting mains, all to no avail. Looks like it will have to go for repair (still under warranty) but any ideas welcomed before I take it back.

sinbad1 19:19 11 Sep 05

if its still under warrenty my advice would be not to mess with it take it back

SEASHANTY 21:18 11 Sep 05

This was a problem with the Panasonic E85 sticking in "self check" mode with a disc unable to be ejected.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…