DVD recorder or DVD with Hard drive Which is best?

Legolas 16:29 10 Feb 05

I have been pondering buying a DVD recorder for some time but should I go for a DVD recorder or for a DVD player with a Hard drive.

I would go for a DVD recorder with a Hard drive but they are a bit out of my price range at the moment. What do others think is the best way to go on this?

Noelg23 16:30 10 Feb 05

hold on what do you mean? are u wanting a DVD writer for the PC or a DVD recorder for your TV?

Legolas 16:32 10 Feb 05

Sorry should have made it clearer I am talking about a DVD recorder for the TV

Salinger 16:33 10 Feb 05

Seems pretty obvious that it is a standalone unit. If he put a DVD recorder in his PC it would already have a HDD.

FelixTCat 17:00 10 Feb 05

I've never heard of a DVD player with a hard drive. How would this work?

If you can't run to a DVD recorder with a hard disk, you could consider a DVD recorder which records onto DVD-RAM. RAM disks are becoming very cheap and, if you want longer term storage, you can get an internal DVD burner for your computer that reads/writes DVD-RAM for less than £50 which also reads/writes all the other formats. Thus you can record a program, edit out the adverts etc, put menus on it and then burn it to DVD for long-term storage.

The joy of a hard-disk DVD recorder is that you can do all of this on the one machine.

1514 17:25 10 Feb 05

"Save up" and get a "DVD Recorder with a hard drive".
This is the one that I fancy but I do not know much about it. I already have a DVD recorder but I think that this, with a hard drive, would be more useful! click here

1514 17:25 10 Feb 05

"Save up" and get a "DVD Recorder with a hard drive".
This is the one that I fancy but I do not know much about it. I already have a DVD recorder but I think that this, with a hard drive, would be more useful! click here

1514 17:28 10 Feb 05
  1514 17:32 10 Feb 05

10.{HA 4119} Liteon LVW-5045 "Stand-alone" HDD and DVD Recorder (Hardware Section ) £329.99 /

I am sorry about the above "CLicK Here", but I think that the URL is too long. Put "dvd recorder" in the search box when you get to the site

FelixTCat 18:18 10 Feb 05

Thanks 1514. The link worked; but this looks like a hard disk DVD recorder to me since it can record TV programs. Am I missing something?

FelixTCat 18:32 10 Feb 05

crx1600

Thanks. I've never seen one of these before. I'm sure they have a use.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…