DVD recorder not receiving signal

tonyq 11:40 AM 02 Jan 12

Hi all, I have a Panasonic DMR-EX85EB DVD Recorder. For the last few days I have been unable to get any channels (Digital)on the recorder,therefore not been able to record, play back from older recordings play back. I have tried resetting the recorder back to default settings,then Auto-Setup & restart, to no avail. The recorder is connected to sky box and Panasonic tv. All tv's in the house are working normal,by this I mean receiving the digital channels. The recorder is 4to5 yrs old.Advice/help Please. One more thing,when playing back a recording or a DVD you can hear a TV programme in the background,may be the 2 problems are related?

john bunyan 11:57 AM 02 Jan 12

I had a similar problem a few months ago with a Panasonic DMR-EX 75. It still received analogue signals so was more puzzling. Luckily there is a very reasonable repair man locally and he found some faulty soldering joints or some such in the digital TV tuner power supply. Repair was , I think, about £80 but worked fine ever since.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…