DVD recorder no longer shows files in open session

lsiraco 02:04 30 Aug 03

Until just recently, my DVD/CD recorder used to show up in WinXP like another hard drive, ie I could click on the drive in My Computer when there was a CD in the drive that was not full yet, and it would list all the files on the disc, even though I had not closed the burning session, and even let me use them from the disc.

I use Nero, and I can still see the files fine in that, and also Isobuster works fine to let me get at the files, but I can't access them the way I used to. I have no problems burning to disc at all.

I had deleted some old DirectCD files on another drive that were used when I had Windows98 on another partition, but I don't know if XP somehow knew about them. I had DirectCD at one time, but I never installed it after I installed XP, which is on a separate drive.

If anyone knows how I can get the ability back to use an open disc in XP, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…