DVD recorder doesnt seem to be working

Goodtime 17:00 12 Apr 04

Afternoon all,

I have a dvd rewritable but i cant get anything to record why? I'm sure everything else is working on it. Ive recorded on cd's but not on dvd's.
I am XP home edition and i am using nero version 6.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
J.

HXP 17:23 12 Apr 04

Hi

You don't say what errors if any you are getting ?

have you formatted the disks before trying to write ?

What DVD drive is it ?

I have just got a new Sony DRU-18 DVD drive. It wont record on Memeorex DVD's or Bulqpak but does work ok on Sony ( of course !) but they are expensive. It also works fine on Datawrite media +R & -R.

Might be worth buying 1 or 2 of different makers media just to eliminate that.

Apart from that my brand new machine needed a firmware upgrade before it would record DVD's so check you have latest drivers installed by checking drive manufacturer's web site.

All pretty general stuff I'm afraid but hopefully someone else may post a more specific responce.

HXP 17:39 12 Apr 04

There is also a useful site listed on one of the other DVD queries which might help for general info on types of media etc

click here

HXP

Goodtime 18:45 12 Apr 04

dont get any error reports just says that it has completed and when i go to read the data there is nothing there.
Its only data I'm recording on an "imation" disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…