DVD Recorder

baldyx 19:53 28 Jan 09

I recently got dvd player model 'LG RHT397H DVD/HDD Recorder'.

Problem recording tv prog in that it records but when replayed displays nothing /blank screens eventhough the record counter continues when recording.

Any one has simililar problem will appreciate your help.

Thanks.

BigCam 01:54 29 Jan 09

Hi
Check the Scart connections to make sure they are fully seated
Set it to play and give the lead a wiggle to see if it shows picture
Also where are you recording to HDD or DVD
BigCam

steviegee 09:58 29 Jan 09

Also check that you have selected the correct AV channel on your TV.

baldyx 19:48 30 Jan 09

I get picture on AV1 but no Audio!

Also the SET Up Automatic search option does not find any programs!

FatboySlim71 09:44 31 Jan 09

That sounds like a classic sign of a scart lead not been fully inserted.

FatboySlim71 09:52 31 Jan 09

You may have not set, or it may not be setup, for what connections you are using for your system. I know on my Panasonic I had to fiddle with the connection settings for it to work, thinking back I may have had sound but no picture.

You should have a menu option called connection settings, if you try adjusting some of these and then seeing if it helps matters, just adjust one at a time and then try to see if it works. Once I had mine setup correctly I wrote down/made a little diagram so that if I needed to disassemble my equipment it would then be easier to set it up again.

Just basically remember what connections type, i.e. scart, S Video, HDMI and what and where they plug into, so that it may then make it easier for you to setup the connection settings.

baldyx 19:09 01 Feb 09

The Scart connections checked o.k. The picture & Audio is o.k when it is set to AV1/RGB via tv's remote. But there is only picture when it is set to AV1 via the Dvd's remote control.

canarieslover 19:16 01 Feb 09

I believe you will find that setting the DVD recorder to AV1 it will expect an input on that channel and not an output. I use that setting on my Toshiba to record from an old Sky analogue receiver.Your setting of the TV to AV1 is correct as it is expecting an input on that channel.

baldyx 19:28 01 Feb 09

Do you mean if I swap the scart connections at the back of the tv,it will work?

Strawballs 20:36 01 Feb 09

I had the same problem with our LG DVD recorder trying to record from our V+ Box untill I realised that I had to set the DVD to the AV2 that the input from V+ Box goes to.

100andthirty 21:04 01 Feb 09

you say you can't get any channels on the recorder when you set up?

have you correctly plugged in an aerial cable?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…