//some 3rd party need geo

dvd recorder

kench 19:26 05 Nov 05

all though not a pc problem when playing back a recording on my philips dvd recorder, sometimes when there is a light background faint letters apear to be traveling across the screen I have tried turning off the screensaver anyone else with a dvd recorder noticed this problem?

amonra 19:36 05 Nov 05

This is symptomatic of overloading of the I/P of the tuner due to high signal levels. Could also be overloading of any other I/P you are using. I would suggest disconnecting each I/P in turn whilst making a test recording and see if you can isolate which one is causing the trouble. If you are using an aerial amplifier to feed the recorder, try and get the gain reduced, or bypass the amplifier to try.

Giant68 19:37 05 Nov 05

I had a similar problem when my DVD player was using a SCART splitter, it was ghosting from the other machine. I bought a SCART splitter box, higher quality, and it solved the problem.

Giant68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…