Dvd recordable = or -

hiwatt 12:50 02 Aug 07

Hi folks,I've just bought blank dvds R- but I've just seen that my dvd burner says dvd + rewriteable does this mean they will not record?I don't want to open them and try incase I have to take them back.Thanks.

Sparkly 13:17 02 Aug 07

Do you mean DVD-R if the burner is a +rewriteable it will only be able to burn to a +R Disc you useually use the type of disc your burner supports i.e. + disc or - discs unless it states it is a multi format drive, this might explain a bit for you if your burner states just the + format the -ones need to be returned and exchange the for the + format. HTH.

click here

hiwatt 13:23 02 Aug 07

Thanks Sparkly.Yeah the ones I got are dvd-r and my burner says +rewriteable.I just tried playing some dvd's I already have some are + and some are - and the dvd burner plays them both?Will it not record on both?

Sparkly 13:52 02 Aug 07

Hi hiwatt your burner/player will play the both types but it will only burn onto the stated format that your drive supports so a + rewriteable drive needs the +R discs and a - drive the - discs unless as i said it is a multi read/write drive.

hiwatt 14:15 02 Aug 07

Ok thanks a lot,it's back to the shop with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac