DVD (read only) - not being recognised as Drive E.

Galahaduk 20:51 07 Sep 03

Just built a new system . Using a cdrewrite and a Dvd from my previous Time machine. My primary master is hard drive (C). My secondary master is my cd rewriter (D). My secondary slave is my Dvd readonly. Should be drive E. But it is not being recognised as being installed... Any ideas please?
Cant find any drivers for the dvd....have also looked online for same but to no avail. The DVD is a Toshiba... Thanks...

harry_b 20:59 07 Sep 03

first thing to check is if its being recognized by the bios, on boot you will normally seee a screen which displays the recognized drives, if it isnt there then make sure the bios is set to auto for the secondary slave (normally press del on boot to enter the bios)

whybe 21:00 07 Sep 03

I don't know whether this makes a difference as I didn't build it, but my DVD ROM is the secondary master (D) and the CD RW (E) is the secondary slave. Is this so it can allow the DVD to be the source for the CD to record. I'm sure I have seen a thread mentioning that the setup should be this way round.

Galahaduk 21:01 07 Sep 03

Hi Harry_b.
Thanks for quick response. No not being recognised by bios either. Just comes up not detected..?

Galahaduk 21:02 07 Sep 03

Hi Whybe.
Thanks for that will try that....

harry_b 21:07 07 Sep 03

Is the bios set to autodetect?

Galahaduk 20:48 08 Sep 03

Thank you for the help... switching jumpers worked a treat..... Thanks guys....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…