DVD Re-Writer

stephenson51 12:53 26 May 04

I am trying to copy from a dvd onto dvd-wr for first time - it only seems to default to copying for the minimum 60 mins but the dvd-wr disc I have staes various lengths of recording time upto 4 hours - anyone can plsae tell me how I go about this as the PC manual gives no help

I realise this is probably basis stuff for you lot out there but i am still learning basics

Regards
David

Bren.ie 15:15 26 May 04

David,

What kind of DVD is it you are trying to copy and to what format are you trying to copy to?

stephenson51 09:39 27 May 04

Bren,

Only just seen your response tday - I am just trying copy Lord of the Rings DVD to another dvd

Is this possible

(You have to realise I am very much a novice at this burning game

Regrads
Dav id

TomJerry 09:44 27 May 04

You cannot copy it using normal copying method, some softwares can do this, but they are all illegal in most countries.

Bren.ie 10:37 27 May 04

David

PC Advisor reviewed DVD / Movie software in its December 2003 issue. It mentions DVD X Copy as one softwaqre programme that can back up movies (Although this is illegal in the UK)

Pearly Gates |X|X| 11:21 27 May 04

Your Lord of the rings is on a DVD9 disk and your blank is probably a DVD5 disk. If you want to copy a film (theoretically,as it is not legal and nobody ever does it!) a programme caller DVD shrink would override the copywrite and shrink the file to fit on a DVD5 disc, it would then let you burn it, so I am told!! Why are you using a RW disk, much better to burn to DVD-R then you can play your theoretical disk in almost all types of player.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 11:25 27 May 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…