DVD Re-Writer

Dazwm 18:26 02 Sep 03

Can anyone tell me if the following DVD Re-Writer is good value and a good specification:-
Philips 4x DVD+R/RW Burner - Retail Box £100 inc vat
General Device Type Disk drive - DVD+RW
Optical Storage Type 1 x DVD+RW - internal - 5.25" x 1/2H
Interface Type IDE
Read Speed 40x (CD) / 8x (DVD)
Write Speed 16x (CD) / 4x (DVD)
CD / DVD Rewrite Speed 10x (CD) / 2.4x (DVD)
Supported Media Types CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD+RW, DVD+R
Buffer Size 2 MB
Access Time 125 ms (CD), 125 ms (DVD)
Media Load Type Tray
Hard Drive Type None.
Expansion / Connectivity Interfaces 1 x IDE/ATAPI - 40 PIN IDC
Compatible Bays 1 x front accessible - 5.25" x 1/2H
Software / System Requirements Software Included Drivers & Utilities, Cyberlink PowerDVD , Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator, NERO 5.5 Burning ROM, Sonic MyDVD, NERO InCD
Manufacturer Warranty Service & Support 1 year warranty
Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year

Bill-224428 20:33 02 Sep 03

Seems a reasonable price to me, and the speed /other specs look OK. To double check, why don't you enter the model number into a couple of search engines to see if they come up with any maagazine reviews on the hardware.

One other thing, I read the other day that the DVD +RW forum are in the final stages of agreeing the spec for their 8x DVD drives, and that these are likely to be hitting the shops in the next 6 months or so.

There's also the issue of whether RW+ or RW- will win standards war.

If you're not in any rush for a DVD burner, you might be better waiting till the newer, faster models arrive - Prices are dropping steadily as well, and you might even get a dual format burner for the same money

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…