dvd ram recordings

AVIDA 08:32 24 Jan 05

recorded a programme from qvc, on the dvd ram disc. Is it possible to transfer this recording to a dvd -r disc, if so, how do I go about it ?

AVIDA 13:50 24 Jan 05

looking around forums etc.no success as yet

scotty 15:14 24 Jan 05

I presume you have recorded this program using a DVD recorder for the TV and you now wish to create a copy on your pc?

There are some DVD writers for a pc which support DVD RAM. LG are the biggest supplier of such units. These will read and write to DVD + and - as well as DVD RAM. These DVD writers only take DVD RAM discs without cartridges. I would expect that you could use these writers to copy the DVD RAM but I do not know if there are any peculiarities to the format used by your DVD recorder.

Suggest you look here click here for more information.

AVIDA 16:35 24 Jan 05

thanks scotty, will follow this up.

FelixTCat 16:51 24 Jan 05

Your DVD-RAM disk will contain 3 directoties, DVD_RTAV, TS_MANGR and TS_THMNL. The DVD_RTAV directory contains the video files themselves as VR_MOVIE.VRO which is, I believe, an mpeg file. PowerDVD will play it as is.

You can rename this and then use any dvd movie rendering program to make it into an dvd, or Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3.5 can convert it direct.

You can get a LG GSA4160 dual layer 16-speed dvd burner which reads and writes DVD-RAM for £41 + VAT & delivery from eBuyer and I believe that some other drives may be able to read (but not write) DVD-RAM

AVIDA 18:40 24 Jan 05

thanks a lot FelixTCat
enough for me to be going on with
I'll tick this one as resolved.Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…