DVD-RAM Drive Writer - Help needed please

DocP 17:12 28 Dec 05

I have a Panasonic DMR-E55 Video Recorder - pretty good, and am pleased.

When I record a TV program to DVD-RAM, and decide I'd like to keep the program, I want to copy it to (cheaper) plain write-only DVDs. I bought a cheap DVD player, but it wouldn't read DVD-RAM (silly me . . . the learning curve)

I'm told Panasonic's DVD-RAM format might be special?

Can anyone recommend a DVD drive for my PC which will do the job? Is it possible to edit a DVD program - ie, cut out the adverts, Jeremy Paxman etc.

I read good reports about the LG GSA series which allegedly read DVD-RAM - but will they read Panasonic's?

I've always found buying the wrong product very educational, but it's a frustrating way to spend my pension. I could buy another Panasonic DVD player - but they cost 10x the drives.

Any help gratefully accepted.

ade.h 17:21 28 Dec 05

AFAIK (that's the qualifier!) RAM is RAM; there are no special versions of these discs. However, I've only recently adopted this format and have never used one in a standalone DVD recorder.

The LG RAM drives should be fine and are often recommended.

pj123 17:26 28 Dec 05

Do you want to check this one out: click here

this is the one I have and have never had any problems with it. Must say I have never used/read a ram disk though.

DVD-Ram is a format. It shouldn't matter which Unit recorded it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…